Sunday, August 01, 2004

Grand Opening Blog - A little about me...

Well, I figure I am going to try this blogging stuff, I love reading them, the few I do read anyway. So, Welcome! A bit about myself: I am a mom of two teen girls, soon to be married (I'm hoping), Accountant (out of work in this so-called improving economy). I have two dogs whose pics I hope to post soon, one Alaskan Malamute and a tiny Pom. We live in the Show Me State. And I am an Avon Lady as well as a geek. I am not the geekette most high or anything near it - I really just love technology.

I would prefer to be in the IT industry instead of the Accounting field, but this is what I chose back in high school and now I would love to make the change. But it just seems out of reach right now. That's messed up! I took Data Processing in high school where half my day was in this class (which was programming in COBOL & RPG) and had chosen Accounting as the way to go in college. Well, I have my degree (in Accounting) and my experience and now, I have been out of work twice since Sept 11th, and instead want to work with technology. Bummer, huh? I like Accounting, I mean you have to like to do it in order to get your degree! And I was determined to get it no matter how long it took. And I am good at it. I guess I can say both Accounting and Computers/Technology are almost tied as far as what I like to do for work. Accounting has been compared to a puzzle you solve - I think computer repair or troubleshooting is quite the same. And I like solving the puzzles! Anyway, enough of that! Just a little background on me and my career.

Another reason why I started the blog is I can't have a My Family site anymore since they now charge and I can't afford to pay another bill right now. I will work with this and see what happens with it. I wouldn't normally do this much posting on the Family site so, I hope I don't become a bore so feel free to post your comments - I want to know! Be gentle please!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: