Thursday, June 07, 2007

My car




Tiny little thing isn't it? Nice though! I'm so loving it! And today we had thunderstorms producing HAIL! Not in my hood nor at my job, so no dings in it from hail. Previous dings yes, new dings, No... Yeah!
On a sad note, the girl who was missing from Overland Park was found dead in the Longview Lake area. OP is considered a part of the Greater Kansas City area. Longview as well. So both are close by. This came up in my CodA meeting today. She said she felt so helpless to do anything about such a thing and thinking about us single women in the group. How it could have been us. We are a close knit group, small but close. We care about each other so much. And we are missing a couple others lately, you know who you are! Come back!!!!
They treated me out to a meal tonight for my 2nd year anniversary with the group! I'd never been before so it was a treat! Fun night out with the ladies! I was so happy to see them and be there to vent my frustrations from the last two weeks. I've missed two weeks not feeling good and car problems. And work isn't helping anything, not even my wallet. I'm so glad the ladies are there to vent to and whine to, so I can get it off my chest. And maybe start moving on with what needs to be done....
Today I am grateful that I am still running on the same tank of gas from Sunday's fill up! That's a $60 difference!
I am grateful for the group! The new healthier friendships I have in CodA.
My grandbaby! Who smiles and runs to me when he sees me! He melts my heart way too fast!!!

3 comments:

Trudging said...

Nice!!!

Anonymous said...

I think it is cute! My vehicle is not that big either but she does the trick :)

Good for you being a part of something and celebrating not only a 2 yr annivessary but celebrating the connection with others and life!

Anonymous said...

Where you at? Miss you.