Tuesday, July 04, 2006

My child is leaving the nest - sounds like more acceptance work

Just in the past week, my daughter had another run in with her ex, she was awaiting word on an apartment she was trying to get, and then she got it, and then she moved out! All along saying he was not going to be around, and then he was! On moving day, her father was there too! Not good, he was highly upset by his presence and immediately called his sponsor to ask for help with this anger. I immediately felt his anger too. I have already been through this anger part concerning my daughter and her hectic life with her ex(I no longer think he is an ex anymore), and I knew exactly how he would feel! He asked me what to do too. As much as I wanted to tell him to please get in his ass about his treatment of our daughter, I knew it was not right to say that - its controlling and he won't accept it anyway. The program does not teach me to be like that. So I started to say what I wanted him to do but kept stopping myself from actually saying it. I knew what his sponsor would say too! And he said do nothing, she is allowing it by inviting him back in. And we both see that is exactly what is going on. So we both needed to accept what was happening and give it to God, letting it go. And praying for God's protection over her and the grand baby. And the day went well. Everyone got along well. I was very surprised.

I do keep having to work on this almost daily, I wish she would do what needs to be done, but it is up to her, not me. I am powerless! One good thing, she is questioning her actions and is wanting to go to a support group of some kind to see what it is about. So I told her I would go with her to whatever group she was interested in attending. Saying it was a good idea. I hope she does follow up on that. I do see God beginning His work in her, and His prodding me to leave it up to Him.

My weekend was spent getting her packed and moving her and seeing to it that she had the basic necessities she needed. Actually fun but tiring! I had my cry looking at her empty room and missing the grandbaby cooing and crying! Missing him so much already and worrying but working on letting go of the fears I have concerning her ex knowing where she lives - very much alone. She does have a long time friend living in the same apartment complex too. That makes me feel better. She's not totally alone. Many opportunities are opening up rather quickly too, where she can easily take care of herself and her baby. Wow, God is so good.

I do actually like the peace and quiet in the house now and the chance to rearrange my furniture and change things around the house. It has kept me busy! I thank God for the new changes, new opportunities, peace and serenity in my home. I can relax and really truly relax in my own home. It hasn't been this way in such a long time. I can study my recovery materials in any part of my home in peace now. Wow! A new season in my life once again. My fourth step is almost done. I am three quarters of the way through it. I am learning so much about me and my current position in my life. I like me with all my strengths and weaknesses. I am happy to be me and happy with my life today. I am progressing, becoming happier by the day! And God is doing His thing in my life and in those around me!

Today I am so grateful to put my trust where it belongs, in God. And be able to leave it there trusting he will take care of it -- He knows best!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Ms.Manna,
Boy , can I relate to this post .
I have an empty room in my house now too.My son moved out a couple of months ago .It was under difficult circumstances I worked to let him learn go on his own.It isn't easy but
I do believe this is one of the most profound ways a parent can help thier kids learn anything in life..just let them go but still let them know you are there for them.Believe in them.
I too enjoy the peace in our house and am currently working to turn his room in to a study .hehehehe...
It is tough I know but gets easy as we put more faith in our kids and ourselves and our HP"S..all will work out in the end I am sure.
Thanks for sharing ~