Sunday, December 24, 2006

Playing Catch Up!

Well, I'm back! Thanks for the notes from you all to say "Hi! what's up?" I appreciate it! I had no idea I hadn't blogged in so long. I met a new guy and I think we've been on the phone nightly since I handed over my number. That's been a few weeks now. Things have been crazy at work too, I think worse, but I also think I am making it harder on me by thinking about it so much while I am at work, and that does make me crazy at times. I don't think they want me there anymore and they seem to be very picky about everything I do. But my job is getting done and done very well, so that is confusing to me! Why when I do so well, are they starting to nag me on everything? I have to be perfect it seems now. True, I was not the ideal employee even up to a few months ago. I have been sick more often this year than in the past TEN! But that amounts to 8 days! Too much for the company. But I am still doing what I am supposed to do and doing it way better than before!

Anyway, I think they want me gone for whatever reason. I have accepted that too. Hell, I've been wanting out anyway! I don't see much in the way of opportunity there for me at all. And no respect for my position either. Normally, they would have a lot of turnover in this position. Until a CodA took the job!!! LOL! So I need to step up my searching and move on. I didn't get the last one I was sure I was going to get. But it didn't feel like it anyway. All went well, but just didn't feel comfortable or like a good fit. I pray I find something I like doing and pays me well. This one does neither! That's my New Year's Wish, or should I say goal.

Now the new guy... He's very laid back, not a dancer(hmmm, I don't' know about this part!), doesn't really do much(not that it is a bad thing), and loves to go to the movies! He is on a budget, and made that known immediately, he has an eleven year old daughter. I thought that was funny about the budget! But hey, so am I, so am I! He's very nice to me, doesn't even hint (so far) at anything out of line or off limits, unless I started it! And now that I think about it, I did! I opened a door I didn't mean to yet, but he hasn't kept it open. I think he is actually a bit shy, and I am not. I kinda like that, its not been like that with others except the other guy who kept wanting to see me! Then he kinda came out of that shell and asked for stuff I had no intention of beginning to give! So that fizzled out after the NO. This guy seems pretty direct even though he is shy! Well, this one feels very different. I hope he is. I hope I handle him well. I don't think that sounded right! LOL! Anyway, I have a feeling I will be learning a lot in this next relationship. Well, dating relationship. I am not sure I am ready for a boyfriend yet. But this one is a nice start! Maybe I can catch up reading tonight!

Today I am grateful for my program:
I was in a very different place at this time last year. Acceptance is wonderful...
My new friends in the program are great! We share such common bonds and I miss you guys when I do not hear from you or see you. I do check in to read though!
I miss my friends I haven't seen or heard from a while, hope you are having a good Christmas season!
Today I am thankful for my recovery!

6 comments:

Trudging said...

Have a good time with your new guy.

Anonymous said...

It is great to hear from you. Wow so much going on in your life. Fun stuff, and you get to apply your recovery to the new guy :)

Hehee.

Anonymous said...

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today...
Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake. -Big Book

Have fun, keep your sober network going- the holidays can be rather tough. I wish you well. Tell us more!!

xoxo hippychick

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year My Friend :)

Trudging said...

Happy New Year too!

Gooey Munster said...

Happy New Year!!!