Monday, January 23, 2006

Serene Week but Stuff still happening...

What a week!!! This past week was very peaceful and serene. I got quite a bit done at work, which had not been happening lately. I couldn't concentrate very well last week!

Anyway, I got some really uplifting music this past Sunday and it has made all the difference in my interactions with happenings around me. It is some gospel music by Yolanda Adams - Day by Day. It has a song on it 'Victory' from the movie "The Gospel". I never did see the movie but this song captured my attention just hearing it on the commercials! It is excellent! So they are tracks numbered 1, 7, & 8 that are my favorites. The first is 'Victory', then 'It's Gon Be Nice' which talks about trusting God for the things in the future and His plan for your life, and mentions letting things go and trusting God to handle it. Then there is 'Be Blessed' which is talking about praying for a friend that God will be there for them. I feel so uplifted when I hear this music and it does remind me to remember God is in control - Not me! I can't know what He has in store for me but if I just trust Him and live according to His word, He will not fail me! It won't always be easy or fun, but I have to keep on stepping praying, trusting, and believing He is in control.

This has helped me to better accept what is constantly going on around me. My daughter, who is pregnant, and her boyfriend broke up. She seems to have felt threatened but it has recently changed. So I hope she was just mad at him and things actually will not escalate into any violence. But I lived the same way and I guess they need to make their own decisions and go through things on their own. Too bad they won't learn from my mistakes! Maybe they will now see how to better handle things. That is what I am hoping anyway....

No comments: