Monday, January 02, 2006

Update on my life now!!!!

2005 was just not a very good year to me emotionally. My long time boyfriend and I split up. Our girls are in college, one is about to have a grandbaby, I lost both my grandmother and my Mom, my car is a wreck (but at least still running) and the holidays were extremely tight and very hard to go thru this year without Mama. That is this year in a nutshell.

It did cause me to get closer to God, start attending Al-Anon & CodA meetings. And just work on changing me. I am feeling lots better and have quite a few really good new friends and plenty of people to go out with now. I am keeping busy. Probably still too busy at times but I am at least having some fun now too. I have met some really great guys I dated. Totally different than what I have been used to in the past.

So for that I am greatful. I have more peace and sanity now than I have had in a long time. I can see God moving in my life more again and I was missing that or just not seeing it. I know he didn't just leave me out there, he did let me have what I wanted, even though it was not good for me. But I see now how all this definately had to happen and how God is fixing me up and helping me change.

And all these changes at once are quite hard. I don't handle alot of the changes very well sometimes, but I am beginning to feel more comfortable with changes now than ever before. And the most amazing thing is, I can accept them better and trust God on its benefits without knowing what they are yet. God is really teaching me to trust in him more than I have ever done before. And that has been scary for me, but necessary. I thank God for the changes and just pray for the strength for each day as it comes.

I am a little hesitant for posting this online for the world, but I don't believe the world will be reading it anyway. Just some of the world. And the really involved items will probably be kept in confidence within my journals. So as not to hurt anyone I have rantings about. Not sure how often I will be posting but hopefully alot more than before, weekly should be a good start. Maybe more often in the beginning since I really need to catch up. Or catch the readers up. Hope you keep checking me out and I hope you gain something from my reflections that might help you even in the smallest of ways.

Thanks for reading...

No comments: