Sunday, February 26, 2006

So Much Change, So Little Time

Well, I can't believe how quickly things change in my life and in so little time! My ex left rehab after not even a week. I got caught up in his crap as if I was still with him, and learned a few unmentionables in the process about a few others! Man!

The worst part, I think, is the fact that I got caught up in his crap so very easily. I just handed over control to him as if we were still together. He asked for a ride, I gave him a ride, kinda. When he asked for the ride, he asked to drive. I had told him I wasn't going to run him around in search of his drug of choice, well according to him that was not what he was doing. So okay, I can give the ride, I wasn't going to let him drive, but when he asked I did. Reluctantly, I just scooted right over and let him drive and he drove a bit fast. He was pretty frantic. He kept saying he needed to talk but not to me and couldn't get a hold of his sponsor. So I really didn't know what was going on just assumed he was lying to me. He calmed down, slowed down and we went our separate ways that evening.

The next day was his birthday, he called at 3:30 A M! To apologize to me for everything he had done to me and all he put me through over the years. I was too tired to get mad and I wouldn't be mad if anyone called me that late normally anyway. But if it keeps happening, then I start to get mad. I did wish him a happy birthday and that was the end of it. The next morning I was over an hour late to work and I had to make it up. That was hard! I already had time to make up this week! It sucked! Big time! He called two more times while I was at work and finally told me what was up. His girlfriend had taken off on him while he was in rehab, that is why he left. The rest is not good, but it boiled down to this, she's giving him a taste of his own medicine. He now understands what exactly I was going thru with him while we were together. And this was why the apology came again.

Once all that was over, I attended the Sunflower Roundup this weekend and it was excellent! I liked all the speakers I heard! I only missed one and I hope he was good because I purchased that CD. All the stories were very interesting and I learned alot! I also went to the dance on Saturday night. It was okay I went so late. It was after eleven when I arrived. Maybe almost twelve! Everyone I sat with were soon leaving. I felt dumped! Anyway, I met a young man who has an uncle who attends the AA meeting held the same night as my Al-Anon meeting. He knew some of the people I know who attend the meeting sometimes. And a few regulars. We danced the last dance of the night. What a coincidence to meet him! I had a blast at the Roundup this weekend. I may have to go to the meeting my group leader told me about in Jeff City this summer. I really would like to attend the one in Osage Beach too. I loved it while we were there one summer. I would like to go back again to see it...and attending the meetings would be a plus!
Well, my dad just found out I am attending Al-Anon, and he seems to be offended! I didn't realize I hadn't told him, I really thought I had and he doesn't understand - I think he thinks that I am attending AA meetings for Alcoholics. Maybe that is it. I did try to explain but he doesn't seem to be getting it. He asked me if I had some kind of problems to be going to them kind of meetings! My ex's grandmother didn't at first either! I had to explain to her as well. Well, maybe that chance will come soon with Papa! Right now, I gotta go mimis(to sleep)!!!

No comments: