Sunday, August 20, 2006

Busy Weekend

I have had some good times this weekend. I went Salsa dancing Friday night, well, Salsa learning actually! The ladies I was with taught me basics and then some one asked me to dance, and that was the entire rest of the evening. The same stuff that happened to me in Chicago happened to me again Friday night. This one guy danced with me all night - no one else was asking though, and then at the end of the night he was thinking I was his woman. We had just met that night too. So, when it happened again, I felt I was better prepared to handle it this time. This guy was a little more well-behaved than the last one, although pretty drunk. So he said whatever he felt, but kept his hands to himself. And, since I was driving, I couldn't drink and he didn't like that either. So he did keep asking me if I needed a drink. But I was good. I know me and my abilities very well as far as drinking goes! I never really was a drinker and so it takes only a single drink to cause me to be afraid to drive and if I am afraid, it ain't gonna happen! So I thank God for that knowledge and ability to know my limits in that area. I still had a good time though. I did dance all night and that's what I wanted.

Saturday was the Ethnic Festival here in KC and my family and I always go. We are even on the commercial that ran this year and last year for it. We were just enjoying the Fest last year and got taped and so we got run on the news last year and in the commercial this year! Woo hoo! I am a celebrity! Ha ha! Anyway, my family and I started getting calls when they started running the ads this year. Funny! It was great! You can try foods from 45 different countries. I love trying new foods. I am a risk taker in that area! I will try almost anything! I had a ball and was full trying so many different foods. Here is a link to an article in our paper about the fest:
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/15315309.htm?source=yahoodist&content=ksc_news
One of the highlights was Saturday, when I was leaving the fest. My daughter and the grandbaby were walking ahead of me and I kept fanning the baby since he was fussy and very hot. I tripped and he laughed that adorable little baby giggle! Of course, I needed to hear more of it so I started jumping around causing him to giggle all the way to the car! That was my wonderful moment of the day! Man, I sound like such a grandma!!! I can hardly wait for the next one to arrive!

Well, no Reggaefest for me this Sunday, it costed too much! so that was out! I have a friend whose band was there but I guess it will have to wait until next year when I can plan for that cost! Still hoping to go to Miami in November and another trip to Chicago next year!

Saturday I went back to the Ethnic Fest with my cousin and his wife. They had a great time, I was so glad they came, they hadn't been to one before. So we stayed until 10 and went to the Isle of Capri for some drinks and trivia. It was a pretty quiet evening. But I had a good time with them too! I just adore his wife and I love spending time with them. He is about to be sent to Iraq for 18 months with the National Guard! This is my favorite cousin we've always been very close, I hate to see him go. I can't imagine if my husband were to go overseas to fight for our freedoms! I can't imagine how that feels, just compared to what I feel about it. I do love her dearly. I will be checking on here and keeping in touch. We don't live very far apart so it will be easy to do so. He has 7 children, I can't imagine how they feel.

1 comment:

Gooey Munster said...

Oh Salsa dancing, I mean learning, how cool is that. What great exercise and how fun to explore how one's body can move!

i wanna try now.