Tuesday, May 09, 2006

God never fails!

I feel a little silly sharing this story of what has troubled me the last two days. Over the weekend has been the long awaited time for my new cube to be built. It was built so I could be back in the same area as the Accounting department. A previous move had placed me completely out of the department. My boss didn't care for that at all. It wasn't convenient at all.

Okay, so they built my cube. I knew it was not going to be ideal. But the CEO didn't care for the design and, at the last minute, changed them for the better. Only thing is my cube only has three walls and is open towards the main hallway of the building. I am pretty much visible to any and everyone who passes by and all the way to the rear of the building. I don't care for it and after a little more tweaking, I still don't. Monday I was asked what I thought of it and how I felt. I was fuming until that point. This was my chance to let the top guy know exactly how I felt! So I did. I do like the space but I feel naked! Referring to the opening in my cube. He did mention it had been changed for the better, and I replied yes, but I still feel naked. Then I explained that was the only gripe I had. Nothing else was said...by either of us. I guessed, well, who knows. I really was not happy and I think you could tell it.

So today I felt better, went to work, but started pouting after I arrived in my cube. I felt like nothing I could say would make any difference. I got angry again. I had to keep asking God not to let me stay angry. Each time I felt it, I had to ask for His help again. It happened most of the morning. Finally it went away after I kept thinking, I can't change this, it doesn't help to complain or be angry about it. Complaining may be okay, but I knew if I did I would just get very smart ass....and that was not going to be professional. I felt quite a bit out of control and I'd better let God handle this because I could tell I was not going to handle it correctly myself! Well, later in the day, actually, for the last two days, people looking into my cube either voiced their opinions about being able to see so much of it; visitors were totally able to see me working and see my PC screen; and my supervisor could see it into my cube too well, I guess. I don't think she liked the view(hmmm). So at the end of the day I hear her saying she wants me closed up a little more. She took others to the rear of the building to show how much she could see and only a small panel is needed to cover me up just enough. Yeah!!!! So now we will see what is going to be adjusted tomorrow! I just started thanking God that I listened and He helped me to deal with it and left it up to Him. He's taking care of it! That I can trust!

This really bothered me to no end today (this morning). I am glad it will be worked out. I can just give it my all again. And just do my job in my new space, which, actually is bigger than my last space, brighter, closer to everything I used frequently and close to the bathrooms! LOL! Okay, I'm done! God is faithful!

No comments: