Saturday, May 06, 2006

More Cinco de Mayo & Unexpected visits

So much for taking my father to any Cinco de Mayo stuff. He doesn't care to go. He said he wanted to see the Aguilars, but never mentioned it to anyone. And all the groups at Crown Center aren't of any interest to him. So maybe my sister and I will go. She wants to do something and doesn't know about anything going on, so we are still on. Only I have a couple things to do today so it breaks up my day pretty much until tonight! Still early though. We will still be able to do something. It is someone by the name of Flaco Jiminez tonight. I wish it was warmer though...Not too nice out side, chilly.

I was paid a very unexpected visit by my ex yesterday evening and this morning. He was coming to see the grandbaby,who was not there yet. I guess they don't have a phone so he can check if we are here. Anyway, he was very uneasy, nervous, or paranoid. It freaked me out but I kept on preparing for the evening. He continued to tell me what had been happening in his life. As expected, things aren't going well. He's going to go to court for domestic violence, they told him he would need a lawyer. He seems to be a little worried about it. Of course, he jokingly said "If only your Mama had married me, I wouldn't be going thru this now." My daughter said, "Oh yeah, I bet that's the real reason, huh?" Then we all laughed. He asked her if he could come back to us. He asked me that yesterday, actually, he didn't ask, he told me he was. "You can't come here" I told him. He keeps saying he's going to leave her, as if that will change our answer. He talks so badly of her and it sounds exactly how the kids and I used to describe him. He called her the Devil. I said, "Man, that's what we thought of you at the time you lived here!" It only makes me think I am seeing him get back what he's given out. That's really kinda spooky too!

She has lost custody of her kids and her family will not allow her to see the kids anymore. I can't imagine how that feels. She is already disturbed, now I can't imagine how she feels. I miss my grandbaby almost the minute he goes out the door, and he isn't even my child. Boy, I just can't imagine, and then she has to put up with this ass of a man. Anyway, I feel bad for her. The kids became fond of her baby too.

Well, I am about to attend a graduation for a friend today. And catch up to my sister later. Another link for Cinco de Mayo in KC! www.fiestakc.org
And another! KCK Events: http://aztecadegreaterkansascity.org/html/events.html

Something else I remembered after posting yesterday. My ex said he didn't like how I was able to find out about my culture so easily. That was his reason for me not to try to find out more or be a part of it and, it somehow changes me. He says he has no history to discover, I find that very hard to believe. They have an entire month devoted to African-American History and more and more of it keeps coming out! Oh, excuse me! There I go trying to figure him out again! Sorry! Bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi MsManna!
Just a quick note to say Hello and I am so glad you have the comments open now!!! I will be back to visit you and your fab blog soon.
Thanks for sharing ~