Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Birthdays, Sponsors & Roundups!!!

Friday's meeting was really packed! The table was full and I arrived late and had to find a place along the wall! It was a cozy seat right next to the heater! So at least I wasn't cold! I usually am in there at this time of year! I welcomed the ESH from those who shared. And the appreciation from those who didn't but shared their appreciation to those of us who did! We have a few newcomers and they seem to be really enjoying the meetings - they keep coming back!!! LOL

My sponsor wasn't there due to the weather here. We had an ice storm the week before and then the next weekend we had snow! But it remained so cold a lot of the ice didn't melt. So I didn't really expect her to show. She lives an hour away from here and I'm sure it is even harder to get around out there! Further north! I think I will give her a call tonight! We don't talk as much as we should, I know, but I always learn from her sharing. I need to continue with my fourth step too. It kinda got put on the back burner around the holidays and now things are slowing down again.

My birthday is next month!!! Hope things happen for me to have a really good one! Our CodA group will be celebrating our two year anniversary for the founding of the group! And one of us will be having her two year birthday with us as well! Two celebrations in one!!! We are going to a soul food buffet for our celebration. I love their food!! It is excellent!!!

My daughter's birthday was Monday, she's now 22!!! Can you believe it!!! I am 38 (39 this yr), I have two grown girls and a grandbaby! It is still sinking in! That little melt - my - heart baby boy!!! Oh!!! My daughter had a good time and we will be doing cake and ice cream this weekend! We waited since we had some kind of cinnamon dessert at the pizza place! She absolutely loves pizza. We all had a good time last night.

The Sunflower Roundup is coming up in February too! I loved it last year, I think I will go again this year! I love hearing the stories! They are truly amazing!!! Very inspirational too! Hope a few more of my fellow Al-Anons go, it was really good last year! I am looking forward to it this year!

5 comments:

agl said...

I'm in Columbia, MO ... what is the Sunflower roundup ... is it Al-Anon?

~MsManna~ said...

HI Agl, The Sunflower Roundup is an AA gathering in Kansas City, KS. Friday - Saturday & Sunday. Speakers, workshops, dance, meetings, all of it.

Anonymous said...

Hi MsManna..just stopping by to wish you a wonderful weekend:)

Trudging said...

The round up sounds like fun

Anonymous said...

You sound wonderful. Lots to be celebrating in your life. Soul food buffet? Interesting.