Thursday, October 26, 2006

More brought to my attention

Well, today I am home. I am sick. I have a sore throat that I was afraid was strep throat. I don't think so. Or at least the doctor doesn't think so. Thank God! She didn't even run the quick test for strep but gave me antibiotics for my sore throat anyway. I have a headache, stuffy nose and bad sore throat. I have been putting off the doctor visit for ever - since 2004 to be exact. I thought it was longer. But I decided to ask the doctor about other ailments or happenings I thought needed her attention. And she isn't my doctor, she's a new doctor there in the clinic. I got her postcard earlier this week. And I planned on seeing her soon, but no move to make an appointment. I never have chosen a doctor. Since I signed up for the insurance plan at work last year! My mom would always go to the doctor but not me!!! I favor my dad's opinion and don't go unless something freaks me out or takes me down! So there I went today. My boss was in to work with Strep and then two days later I wake up with a sore throat! I used to get these bad sore throats every year and then have lost my voice for a week or so and all was well. Its been a few years now that this has happened again. Only I still have my voice. Anyway, I kept telling God I'd go to the doctor when I got a chance. I guess He said "you will go now." LOL So hear I am blogging about it and feeling bad but glad it is not Strep! I was just kissing that beautiful baby boy (my G Baby) just last night when I saw him! Okay, well I am pretty tired, so I am heading back to bed. Hopefully to feel better!

Today I am thankful...
...That I get to rest.
...That I didn't have Strep!
...That I get to sleep as long as I want.
...That I can read my recovery devotionals, talk with God, read my literature on a quiet, rainy day, and in a quiet, empty house. So relaxing! Now all I need is soup! Maybe I can get a baby to bring that to me! And I can be grateful again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I am glad that you have your Internet up and running when you are home. Even though you are sick the Internet is very important. I know this, when I am "blah" I luv cuddling up with my laptop and connecting to the World that way.

Feel better, take care of your body and soul.

Trudging said...

Take care of yourself!

Deb said...

Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi MsManna,
Thanks for your note. I've added you to my list of friends, I hope you don't mind. Oh jeez, I totally know how you feel - I hate(!) being sick! Just take it easy, stay warm, and I hope you feel better soon.
Love, hugs and a big bowl of chicken soup...
xoxo Hippychick