Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Nice Weekend

I am still struggling with what happened with my daughter last Sunday. I shared Friday that I feel 'right' about my actions but I know they were not. I feel I should be able to handle it and like I am being hard on me, but they are my girls. Yes, grown girls, but my kids. Anyway, maybe that stuff about how I set the example being thrown at me kinda sunk in a little bit. Anyway, I am slowly letting that go and trying to stop dwelling on it. I feel responsible but I know they know what is good for them and what is not. I should leave it at that. It is still not mine.

Saturday, I kinda got volunteered to watch the grandbaby without my advance knowledge. I did make a small stink to my ex, who was the one who volunteered me because he wanted to take the kids out to dinner and a movie. That was fine with me except that I got drafted as the baby sitter. I don't know if that sounds bad but my daughter knows she isn't to do that. She understands how I feel about just dropping him on me. I love him very much, but don't impose. I didn't fuss with her, I had to talk with my ex. I guess my daughter felt guilty and kept calling to see if I was okay and let me know they would be later than expected. I really was fine, I hadn't seen the baby since last Sunday and I was nickin' for a baby fix! He was a little fussy so I decided to dress him up and go with my sister to a friends birthday party I had previously declined. Ok, my sis really didn't want to go by herself and so went the baby woke up, we took off to meet her. She lured me out with lots of food! I was hungry! And I hadn't seen her friend in a while and time to show off the grandbaby! LOL! I had fun. He was fussy, he doesn't go out much and so he cried a bit. Took a little time to adjust and then he was happy being passed around and seeing the other kids. He's such a sweetie even when he's fussy!

Later that night, both my sisters and I went on a graveyard tour of the Elmwood Cemetary here in KCMO. It is the 2nd oldest cemetary in the city and supposedly the most haunted. The tour started at midnight and ended about 2 am! We didn't see any ghosts but it was pretty interesting. I didn't feel scared either, I thought I would. But I was fine. I am very easily spooked! Its just crazy, I am. The kids don't like to sit by me in scary movies because I jump and scream and what ever else I do! They know they secretly love it! LOL!

Today I watched that horrible Chiefs game! We lost big time! I fell asleep before the end of the game, it was bad.

Pastor preached today on Trusting God with everything. Even the small things, I know I need to work on that. I need to work on listening too. He was leading me to stay out of that last Sunday and I didn't listen. I guess that's why I got the call right in the heat of it. To keep me from jumping back in the middle of it! I felt caught in the act. And it stopped me in my tracks. It worked. But I was not happy about it. And I never said thanks, which I feel I need to do. It did get me out of the situation in a hurry. I appreciated it although I could not show that or say it at the time the call ended. But I did even though I still struggle with my feelings concerning the whole thing. I'll get it right. No matter how long it takes, I'll get it right.

I also started going to a new class this morning at church, one dealing with offenses. I don't totally understand it, but I did like the testimonies and what we talked about today. We had lyrics to a song by Lee Ann Womack, "I Hope You Dance". It was not what I thought it was about. I just never understood all the words. Of course it started the waterworks going with me! So glad I picked up a napkin with my sandwich they were serving. It was great. The last class I attended was great for me, I feel this one may be the same as well. The talk was about how God created us with needs and those needs point us back to him. I need to get the book so I can really follow along.

Pastor also mentioned something to singles today. We are complete in Christ. He mentioned that our mates need to share our faith. I believe this, and think it is a guideline I should follow, but then I thought about the man I am seeing. I haven't asked this question and I am pretty sure I know the answer. He's a sports buff so he doesn't go to church, because he is at the games on Sunday. I don't know what his beliefs are or if he has any opinion on God. Guess I need to have that discussion. Kinda worries me. I usually make it a point to ask very early in a dating relationship what their beliefs are and here I didn't. That kinda sucks if it turns out I feel lead to leave him alone and end that relationship. Especially since he is kinda growing on me now! I didn't see it going anywhere before but I like the very slow pace it is going. He is a good man as far as I can tell. He works a lot though. Anyway, it would really suck to feel I needed to end it! I guess I really need to pray on this...

4 comments:

Trudging said...

Hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

When you think you have reached the end of your rope MsManna..tie a knott and hang on!
Thanks for sharing.
ps.I finally got my links updated..
and you are on :)

Anonymous said...

I hope it works out with you with this other person. Sharing similaraties and differences can be very challenging to decipher.

Anonymous said...

Hi MsManna,
It is October 25th...just checking in to say I hope all is well.