Monday, June 19, 2006

Another Serene Sunday

Wow! It's been over a week since I posted last! My life kept me busy this past week I guess. I had a very serene Sunday again. My afternoon I spent with my dad, sister, kids, and finally the grandbaby too. My dad didn't seem to want to hang too long with us. He must have had other plans. We took him for his steak, to a place called the Bamboo Hut. He loves it there, we watched the World Cup while we ate on a big screen TV, He loved it! I'm so glad!

Meanwhile, my ex was flipping out today. He was upset because the kids didn't seem to want to spend time with him. The kids and him never really seem to communicate well. It makes me wonder if I was always in the middle while we were together and I think I was, although I can't remember that. I bet he'd tell me if I asked him, but I'm not! :) He kept calling me to ask if they were coming over and I told him I didn't know, why don't you call them? I tried to make things happen last year and this year I am not doing it. It isn't for me to do it. They are grown (19 & 21), they can chose what to do and I know from what has recently happened this year, things are not good between them at all. So he says he's not going to call them, okay, fine, I'm staying out of that. They know it is Father's Day, I have no idea what the plan is but it should not include me. But you know, my codependency kicked in and I wanted to help, or fix, or make him feel better. I almost called but I know what it was, I didn't want to spend time with him, I just wanted to fix it for him. I resisted telling the kids what to do, or what I thought they should do. And they opened up about it. They felt that he wants everything to just be okay because he isn't using right now. He's been clean for two weeks I think he mentioned. And it's like he's forgotten what had recently happened between him and the kids. While I was in Chicago, the kids had trouble and called him to help, and he was in the streets again.
They wanted to come see him and he thought I had Put them up to it, so then he was tripping again. He basically didn't believe them and was now mad at me for it. So it just didn't happen on Father's Day since he upset them.

My announcement that was held up was that I have another grand baby on the way! My other daughter who is 21, is now pregnant. Shocking, seeing that she seemed so freaked out about my youngest having her baby. And she's due in January now. She's as far along as the grandson is old. Wow. I did accept this one a lot better than I did the first one. Anyway, that's the news! Good thing is they both want to move out. I hope they do. This place is way too small for all of us.

Soccer is in the air! I was just saying how I was not going to watch any soccer but my dad watching it Sunday made me kinda want to see it again and hearing the guys at work cheering even though they shouldn't be watching it at work in their cube, got me wanting to at least keep up with Mexico's progress. I guess I will be watching! And you can find the scores here: http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/worldcup

No comments: